Wednesday, 14 May 2014

Information Technology

How is information technology an essential part of your work environment and work tasks? How has the use of information technology affected your IT placement?

Every part of Janssen, uses information technology for day to day tasks, projects and to communicate that link the different branches in the various locations all around the world. Every month at Janssen, we have a Town Hall Conference which we connect through WebEX as it is held overseas. There is also a monthly, conference which connects the different region offices around Australia. These allow us to participate and listen to different employees questions and opinions from around the world. Information technology is extremely important for a global company, as it allows us to be a global company and one of the largest in the world. It is not just used to do work tasks, but also for

Janssen at the moment is setting up a global software which will connect the offices throughout the whole world. At the moment different Region’s such as Asia-Pacific is using different software's to the States. This means as people transfer and move to other roles in different countries they have to learn a whole new set of skills and all about the different systems to be able to do their job, making it not as smooth as it could be if the regions were connected with the same software.

I usually have at least one excel document up on my computer, and use excel numerous of times throughout my day. I rapidly developed excel skills when I started at Janssen and now its second-nature to use a variety of formulas. I have even started to slow learn how to write and use macros. Learning these skills has made everything easier and many of my tasks a lot more efficient then they were when I first started. If I had to update the Claims Visibility Spread sheet manually it would not be a 5-10 minute job that I could do on short notice but a day job. It takes a while to first set up the formulas and formats that you want to use, but after setting them up the first time, every time you go to repeat the tasks it can be done quick and efficiently.

I use information technology daily to do the credit releases for the sales orders, I use SAP (one of our main softwares) to look at the outstanding claims, invoices and credit notes. It is part of most of my tasks, it allows me to look up the position of credit notes, claims and invoices to see if they have been matched up or if I need to chase them up. Information technology has made my IT placement much more efficient and has enhanced my learning phenomenally, all the skills that I have learnt I will be able to take away and improve on these skills not just on the rest of my placements but also when I enter the workforce.

No comments:

Post a Comment